Darts Game All Fives
How To Play
The Darts Game All Fives
ALL FIVES also known as Fifty One by Fives(51 by 5’s)
The Aim / Object of the game: Is for each player to throw his/her round of three darts in such a manner, that the total score of the three darts accumulated, will always be divisible by 5. If ANY of the 3 darts in such a throw by the player, fall / bounces out or hits the outside number ring, then such a throw will count as SCORE ZERO.
|Please note these abbreviations:|
|S/B||=||Single Bull||(25 score)|
|D/B||=||Double Bull||(50 score)|
|S20||=||Single 20||(20 score)|
|D20||=||Double 20||(40 score)|
|T6||=||Treble 6||(18 score)|
|S = Single D =Double T =Treble / Triple B =Bull|
The scoring works in the following manner:The total score of three darts thrown must be accumulated, and IF the score is divisible by 5 THEN each “divisible 5” counts as 1 point.
|Hitting||5||2||8||15||=||3||Points||(15 divided by 5 = 3)|
|Hitting||10||D20||T5||65||=||13||Points||(10+40+15=65 div. 5 = 13)|
Playing the Game:
Determine who throws first by allowing each player to throw one dart “closest to the bull”. If some players are very accurate, then everyone should throw at the double bull with their least accurate hand and the player who is closest to the bull throws first, 2nd closest second and so on.
Throws his/her round of three darts. Let’s assume he/she hits T20 with the 1st dart, S10 with the 2nd dart, D8 with the 3rd dart. The 3 throws hit accumulated was 60(T20) + 10(S10) + 16(D8), which totals 86. 86 divided by 5 equals 17.2 which means the score accumulated in this throw of 3 darts WAS NOT DIVISIBLE by “5”. SCORE=0
Throws his/her round of three darts. Let’s assume he/she hits D6 with the 1st dart, T16 with the 2nd dart, S20 with the 3rd dart. The 3 throws hit accumulated was 12(D6) + 48(T16) + 20(S20), which totals 80. 80 divided by 5 equals 16 which means the score accumulated in this throw of 3 darts WAS DIVISIBLE by “5”. SCORE=16 (16 x 5 = 80)
The winner is determined by the first player who accumulated 51 Points or more.
- Every dart must hit the inside number ring i.e. every dart must count otherwise ZERO SCORE.
- If one dart fall or bounces out then, ZERO SCORE.
- To make it a bit tougher or more interesting, the game can be changed to penalize the player/s if a “dart bounce out” or if the score was “not divisible by 5”. Such a penalty could be 1 point for BOUNCE OUT’s and 2 points for NOT DIVISIBLE BY 5 or vice versa. Player/s can determine this.
- If the player’s score accumulated with his/her last throw was 86 (example above) and his/her total points accumulated through throws of previous games so far is 19, then after the penalty (where 2 points are deducted for “not divisible by 5”), his/her points accumulated, would now be 17.
- With a bounce out the player can only loose a maximum of 1 point, because a bounce out means NO SCORE. Total score are not counted for that round thus s/he cannot be penalized for “not divisible by 5”.
- If his/her total points accumulated for previous games so far, are Zero, nothing can/should be deducted.
- If you find it difficult to hit a score divisible by 5 then focus on throwing at the “numbers 5 and 20”, which are “nabor/nabour segments” or the “10 and 15 segments”, because they are easier to hit and if all 3 darts land here, your score will always be divisible by 5.